Presentation Reflection

Good Point: One idea I implemented in the slide were the colors I used in the background. At first, it may look as if I picked random colors for the background and thought this may be half true some things were put in the slide for a reason. In the contents slide, I had different colors correlating with the author, summary, and opinion slide. By using the colors I used in the content slide, it allows the viewers to know what I am talking about without having to use too many words on top. 

Bad points: Slides                                                                                                                                                 -Same as above, the background was a little stale as they didn't have much meaning to them. Next time I would like to find a background that has a meaning to the theme of the presentation.                                            - Secondly, I would like to have more variety in the font for the presentation. Most of the titles and keywords were in the standard font so it got bland after a few slides. Though I did change it for the civil and savage slide, next time I would like to challenge to a better font.                                                                         - Keywords: For some reason on slides 8 and 9 I didn't put the keywords. These were the slides for the Pros and Cons of the book and only on these two slides, I did not have keywords for it. One reason I might have had is that putting the words Pro and Con were too short and didn't fit cleanly on the slide so I chose not to.                                                                                                                                                                      - Alignment: There were a few times when I thought that the alignment for the pictures could have been better.  The first example is slide 10, 11, and 12. These were the slides I used to explain my interpretation of the story. The picture on slide 10 was slightly smaller than the other two slides which seemed a little odd especially because it was supposed to be a flow so we saw the slides one after another. This was because I originally had all the pictures in one slide but after I got the advice to separate it I didn't have much time to align it so I forgot to fix it. The second place I saw misalignment was the picture credits. Because the sizes for the pictures were different I didn't want to stretch the picture too much and so I just aligned the pictures on the left side.                                                                                                                                                            - Summary slide: For the summary slides, I didn't like how it didn't summarize the "About the Author" slide and the "Summary" slides. It only summarized my opinion part. (The Influences, Pros and Cons, and the Interpretation) Next time I would like to summarize the whole presentation.                                     - Lastly, I would have liked to do the photo credits better. Not just that it was not correctly aligned, the link was not shortened. This was because I didn't feel the need to shorten and even after I asked a friend he told me that it was okay. But after I watched other people's presentations, I felt that I needed to make my links shorter. I would have also liked to group the public domain pictures.          

 Bad Points: Presentation                                                                                                                                                - The first negative point during the presentation was the mask. I knew that the mask was thick as it was a cloth and it suppressed my voice by a significant amount. This made it harder for the viewer to hear so I had to talk louder, which made me thirsty. Next time I would like to bring a thinner mask for the presentation.                                                                                                                                                                    - Following the mask one thing I noticed with it was that during the presentation, I touched the mask many times. This was because the mask kept falling down while I talked but when I checked I also did it even when it was not moving so I think this may be because I was nervous.                                                                - Movement: During the presentation, I waddled a lot which showed how nervous I was.                                - Words: Thought this may not be my biggest issue, there were several parts where I messed up the years for certain events. For the author's birthday, I somehow remembered the year but for the year he got the noble prize, I forgot and could not say a fact because of it.                                                                                     - Repetitive words: Some words like "Civil, Savage, Symbol" were repeated a few times. I would have liked to find better words to describe things but during the presentation, I forgot to use many of the words I chose.                                                                                                                                                                  - Pacing:  Thought I did walk across several times, some times I would finish the slide on the other side and would have to walk back awkwardly back to the computer to press to the next slide. I think this happened because I didn't practice when I would walk so I didn't actually know when to go to the other side to say something. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3rd semester end of year reflection

October 21, 2021 Reflection

October 28, 2021 Reflection